News & Topics
- Due to flight trouble of airline, the lecture of Janet Thornton, schedulled May 28, was canceled.
- Oral ・ Poster Speaker was decided.
- Oral and poster abstract submission deadline is extended to April 23rd 17:00 JST.
- Website was updated (program details, speakers' profile, etc)
- Abstract submission and Registration are opened!!
- Our official website has been opened!!
Recent developments of life sciences owe much to the open, free availability of genomic information. The genome information is the lifeline of life sciences, as are electricity and gas for households. DNA Data Bank of Japan (DDBJ) at the National Institute of Genetics has been the worldwide provider of the lifeline. Together with GenBank at the National Institute of Biotechnology Information (NCBI) and ENA at the European Bioinformatics Institute (EBI), DDBJ has been managing the International Nucleotide Sequence Database (INSD) that celebrates its 30th anniversary.
Thirty years ago, few of us could enjoy the internet, and the delivery of international mail required a week. What the founders of INSD dreamed of 30 years ago has become reality. Now we organize a symposium focusing not only on cutting-edge science but also on the history of DDBJ. I hope this symposium serves as a primer to invite you into the world of science.
Chairman, NIG International symposium 2017 Steering Committee