The DDBJ/EMBL/GenBank data banks share the sequences stored within each data bank, and in principle all three data banks should contain the same data. However, due to time delays in the inter-data-bank sharing of data released by individual data banks, as well as delays between the time at which data are entered into a data bank and the time at which the data are reflected in the corresponding search service, searches conducted using different services at the similar time on the same day may yield slightly different results. If you do not obtain the search results that you were expecting, time delays of this sort are the most likely culprit; however, for cases requiring a more detailed investigation, please contact the DDBJ via the “Other general questions” section of the contact portal. In this case, make sure to specify the following information:
- The name of the search program and/or the URL that you used to conduct the search.
- The search conditions that you used.
- The date and time at which you conducted the search.
- Accession number of the entry that should have been found.
- URL of the search results.
- Any other relevant information.
Also, please see the sections of this document corresponding to the following questions.
- Can not find the sequence data, though the accession number cited on a paper.
- I am having trouble finding an accession number that should be publicly available.