DDBJ provides ClustalW services through WWW and E-mail. In the WWW ClustalW , we modified the data submit screen lay-out, and added some new options as follows.
- "Sequence input box" is transferred to the top of the page.
- "TYPE" options became independent from "ALIGN" options group.
- "AUTOMATIC" was newly added to the the "TYPE" options.
* When the "AUTOMATIC" is specified in the "TYPE" option, the ClustalW program identifies the sequence type (DNA/Protein) automatically and does the analysis using all default values.
- "p-distance"was added to the parameters of "DISTANCE" option.
- "KIMURA" option was integrated into the "DISTANCE" option.