The HTC division of DDBJ/ENA/GenBank contains draft sequence data
derived from cDNA libraries created using full length insert cDNA (mRNA)
Like genome data (HTG), when sequences are considered to be finished level, the data will be moved from HTC to corresponding taxonomic division.
You can submit HTC data to DDBJ through Mass Submission System (MSS).
- Notes on HTC/full length insert cDNA submission
- Prior to your submission, remove regions of cloning vectors from your sequences.
- Clone ID is required for clone qualifier.
- It is strongly recommended to include qualifiers indicating expression conditions; tissue (tissue_type), developmental stage (dev_stage), mating type (mating_type or sex) and so on.
- As mentioned above, HTC is different from EST assemble sequence. Do not confuse with TSA: Transcriptome Shotgun Assembly.
Sample flat file
Aspects of HTC/full length insert cDNA
- If the sequence is considered to be finished, LOCUS line
provides the division name according to taxonomic lineage; either of
“HUM”, “PRI”, “ROD”, “MAM”, “VRT”, “INV” or “PLN”.
If the sequence is not finished level, the DIVISION name is “HTC”.
- If the sequence is considered to be finished, KEYWORDS
line provides the keyword, “FLI_CDNA”.
If the sequence is not finished level, “HTC” is appeared as a keyword.
In HTC data, if the sequence is likely to be full length, it has a KEYWORDS, “HTC_FLI”.
- Optionally, KEYWORDS line provides some methodological keyword, “oligo capping”, “CAP trapper” or the like.
LOCUS AK000000 1450 bp mRNA linear HTC 15-OCT-2008 DEFINITION Mus musculus mRNA for hypothetical protein, complete cds, clone: 2310009A01, full insert sequence. ACCESSION AK000000 VERSION AK000000.1 KEYWORDS HTC; HTC_FLI; CAP trapper. SOURCE Mus musculus (house mouse) ORGANISM Mus musculus Eukaryota; Metazoa; Chordata; Craniata; Vertebrata; Euteleostomi; Mammalia; Eutheria; Euarchontoglires; Glires; Rodentia; Sciurognathi; Muroidea; Muridae; Murinae; Mus; Mus. REFERENCE 1 (bases 1 to 1450) AUTHORS Mishima,H., Yamada,T. and Liu,G.Q. TITLE Direct Submission JOURNAL Submitted (30-SEP-2008) to the DDBJ/EMBL/GenBank databases. Contact:Hanako Mishima National Institute of Genetics, DNA Data Bank of Japan; Yata 1111, Mishima, Shizuoka 411-8540, Japan REFERENCE 2 AUTHORS Mishima,H., Yamada,T., Park,C.S. and Liu,G.Q. TITLE Mus musculus full-length enriched cDNA JOURNAL Unpublished (2008) FEATURES Location/Qualifiers source 1..1450 /clone="2310009A01" /clone_lib="full-length enriched mouse cDNA library A01" /db_xref="taxon:10090" /dev_stage="adult" /mol_type="mRNA" /organism="Mus musculus" /sex="male" /tissue_type="tongue" CDS 124..1230 /codon_start=1 /product="hypothetical protein" /protein_id="BAA12348.1" /transl_table=1 /translation=""--- omitted ---" BASE COUNT 399 a 323 c 398 g 330 t ORIGIN 1 agtcgcacga aggtttcggc cttatgggcg gacgggtgag taacgcgtag gaatctatcc : -- The rest of nucleotide sequence is omitted -- : //